








Chris took me to the Landmark Theater* to see Chelsea Handler live in concert. She was promoting her new book, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. I got the book for my birthday back in March, but never got around to reading it because the book I was currently reading was boring and took me way too long. When we went down to Miami I brought the Chelsea book and finished it in two days. A lot of her stand-up material came straight from the book, so I kind of knew where she was going. Chris kind of did too.
Brad Wollack was the opener, and based on his appearances on Chelsea Lately, I thought he was kind of funny, and in the beginning of the show he was, but he kind of lost me at the end there. After he was finished, they played a montage of pictures from Chelsea Lately, and immediately after, Chelsea took the stage. She was very, very funny. I miss her.
*Formerly the Mosque, this was the same theater where Frank Sinatra passed out in 1994 after consuming champagne and sleeping pills. He had been nearing the end of the performance and was in the last verses of his trademark "My Way" when he fell off a stool and hit his head on a stage speaker.
9 comments:
Was there free vodka passed out to all the attendees? I always imagine that to be the case at her shows...
Not so much, but she claims she was drinking vodka. I don't believe her.
I don't know, she seems to portray an image of "This is me with a base level of vodka in my system at all times," but then again, perhaps it's all an act and she doesn't drink at all...
She never seems drunk to me. I do believe she drinks after work. But then again, what do I know?
No, I don't think she looks or acts drunk, but to just be, she needs it. Much like for me, I have to have a basic level of caffeine in my system or else I'm a vegetable.
MMMM vegetables. What are we doing for Corbett's birthday?
We haven't really figured that out yet...
http://www.bouncingrichmond.com/pages/productDetail.asp?prodID=2787
You're welcome, Topher.
Ooh, maybe not for Corbett's birthday, but I'll be sure he knows about that for mine next year!!!
Post a Comment