Monday, November 14, 2011

Turning a corner

First of all, Happy Birthday to my brother ALEX! Your gift is in the mail.  Enjoy, big guy!

Now...the past couple of weeks have sucked.  It started back on Halloween when Elliott got sick.  I picked him up from daycare and took him home, only to find out the next day that he (and Milo) had RSV.  Chris and I rounded out the week taking turns staying home from work and going to doctor visits.  They both were prescribed breathing treatments with a nebulizer, as well as antibiotics for an ear infection on the right ear for both of them. After about a week, they seemed to have gotten better.  Then last Monday, on their first day back to daycare, our refrigerator died.  Luckily we have an old one in the garage, and a mini fridge in the sunroom.  We were able to save all our food, but we have this monster mini fridge living on our kitchen island now.  A few days later, our water heater took a crap.  Thankfully this happened on the same day that Chris was running a fever.  He stayed home to rest, and get a plumber on the case.  Then he learned that it was going to be an expensive fix, so he went online and found out how to re-ignite the pilot light, so we are able to shower again!  Then on Friday, when we thought we were in the clear, I fell ill with the nasty stomach flu.  I had to attend a department lunch, which sucked.  I was gagging at the sight of the menu.  How does Ruby Tuesday sound when you're holding back chunks?  And all the food  pictured in their menus are so shiny. Yuck.  When we got back to the office I raised my white flag and went home to sleep.  I called Chris just before 5 to beg him to get the kids at daycare.  Daycare was very accommodating and had the boys ready in their car seats for Chris, when he arrived at 5:58.  He was such a champ and took care of the boys all night long while I made my trips back and forth from the bed to the bathroom.  On Saturday we were all looking much better, so we (Chris) cleaned the house and washed every article of clothing, blankets, etc.  Sunday was a good day, with more cleaning and listening to the boys chatter away and giggle like cute little babies.

Some good things occurred last week.  Last Sunday Chris and I marked our 7th anniversary by going out to dinner alone for the first time.  Thankfully Margie agreed to babysit the sleeping boys.  We figured that they're much easier to handle after bed time, and it seemed like she did a great job!  We are feeling more and more comfortable leaving them now.

We're still waiting on one more piece of news. It may become news, or it may not.  I am feeling more and more hopeful these days.  Stay tuned.

No comments: