Thursday, March 27, 2008

¡Adios, tumors!

I felt like a terrible jerk when I fed Jake alone yesterday morning. Ramona was so frustrated with me. She didn’t understand that she was on her way to the vet for surgery and had to arrive with an empty stomach. We mess with her a lot, but I would never starve her for fun. We snuck out of the house while Jake was entertaining himself by chewing on his paw. When Ramona and I arrived at the vet, I signed her in; she was shaking like a leaf. I knelt down to hug her, and even when I squeezed her I could still feel her shake. She hates being at the vet without Jake. The vet said there was a possibility that she would have to stay overnight, but I could call at 3:00 to find out if she’d be ready to go today or if we’d have to wait until the next day.

I ate lunch at my desk so that if I needed to, I could leave early to pick her up. I watched the clock change from 2:59 to 3:00, and I made the call. The lady on the phone said that Ramona was okay, and she was ready to go home! I high-tailed it to the vet and when I got there, I paid the bill and spoke with the vet. He told me that she woke up during her surgery! YIKES. I was expecting to have to carry her to the car (she had tumors on each of her hind legs and one on her toe), but when they opened the door, she pranced in just like she always does. It didn’t faze her at all. Perhaps she was just happy to see me. I hope so.

No comments: