Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm slacking

Last weekend:

  • Attended the first baby shower of this baby season - My co-worker Nicole is the first of ten people I know that are pregnant this year (that I know of). She's due in three weeks. Next up is Stacie, who also had a baby shower last weekend which I couldn't attend because I was nowhere near Orlando. She is having a boy (Davin) and he is due on March 17th (the day before my birthday).
This weekend:
  • Took Jake to the vet- We noticed that Jake was acting very odd on Friday. He was pacing rapidly, in and out of rooms and around the house. If he did decide to sit or lay down, he wouldn't stay down very long and would get up abruptly to resume his pacing. If he were a real teenager I would suspect drugs. Since he's a dog, we suspected doggie dementia. Over night we were awakened by a very unfamiliar sound. We got up and caught him chewing on the walls and on the door jamb. We took him to the vet the next morning, and the vet suspected a swollen anal gland. After that was expressed, we got a tutorial on what to do in the event that this was something more serious, such as a precursor to a seizure. Luckily he was back to normal once he got home. He did, however, puke in the car and in the sun room. I stepped in it, and my shoes are currently still drying off.
  • Got our new elliptical - since I've been working out with my AWESOME trainer (also pregnant - with twins) I've been getting fit, and poor Chris has been staying the same. We got him an Iron Gym for Christmas, and he just loves it. We hung it in the door of our bedroom so that everytime he passes under it he does some pull-ups. We thought that maybe in addition to working out his arms, he could work off all of the cheesecake and beer that currently reside in the gut region. The machine is HUGE. Here's hoping we use it and can both get into tip-top shape.
  • Ran all of the errands - We went to Target twice this weekend. Since so much of our laundry has to be hung-dry, we purchased a garment rack. This is so the coolest thing we own now. I'm just sayin'. If you hang your clothes, you may want to look into this.
  • Had Christopher over to dinner - since we were so busy we opted for Indian food in a jar (just add chicken). We plopped down in front of the TV to watch the SAG awards. He brought over his homemade ice cream. Secret ingredient: BACON. It was very tasty. If you like your desserts salty and don't mind the fat residue in your mouth (not unlike McDonalds) then this you must try.

Coming up:

  • Cabinet refacing - Tonight we will have to take everything out of the cabinets and off the counters because they will begin the work on Tuesday. I will not be going in to work. Yay.

No comments: