Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This Memorial Day Weekend


  • Bid adieu to Kat Wiseman, our best employee. We foolishly let her slip away and will rue the day. We sat at the train station waiting for her hubby to arrive to help her pack up and go. It was beautiful. If you've never waited for a train in Williambsurg you are stupid. It's great.

  • Had Christopher over for dinner. He then introduced us to Spongebob Squarepants, which is not unlike being high on drugs (I think). I, in turn, introduced him to Chelsea Handler. He was the victor, in my opinion. The key to watching Chelsea Lately is to skip the nervous monologues and go straight for the panel discussions. It's funny.

  • We were going to try to get to the Ford's Colony pool for opening weekend, but the sun just wouldn't commit. While waiting for the rain that never came, we decided to go out for food to barbecue. Then the Kytes came over and we drank our weight in beer.

  • Watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Easily the best movie I've seen this year. I can't believe we waited this long for it. It brought me back to the days when I gave a crap about music and shows. It was like, woah. Super funny. It reminded me of 200 Cigarettes in that it was a scavenger hunt of sorts (the friend and the band) and Almost Famous with the freakish love for the band and the super awesome soundtrack. I love Mark Mothersbaugh.

  • Went to Pancho Villa with the Kytes. Never going back again. The new fat waiter with braces found out that I speak Spanish and wouldn't stop talking to me. Upon learning my name, he had the entire staff talking to me and singing my name in the kitchen. It was as though there was no manager on duty. That's what I get for suggesting that the Kytes recruit one of them for lawncare. Karma.

  • Watched Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. Made me think about drugs and how Neil Patrick Harris is so perfect for pulling off "asshole". I love him! Also, Chris and I realized two things: 1) Kumar looks exactly like Zach Braff, except Indian and 2) all of the villians in the movie are caucasian. All of them. Hmmm.

  • Went to a bar to watch a cover band. Consumed way too much beer. Amber and I were putting chalk handprints all over each other. Then someone called it a night and I passed out in the car on the way home. Also, I wore contacts. Brilliant on my part: contacts that naturally feel uncomfortable+smoke+late night=sucks.

  • Made breakfast burritos again (made them every morning all weekend).

  • Watched Nick and Norah (again), then watched Baby Mama (again).

  • Did laundry and cleaned the house for a short work week. Yes! More to follow?

5 comments:

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

and this weekend we move the Christophers instead of going to the Richmond Beer, Burboun and BBQ festival.

LMP said...

We watched Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist for the first time a couple weeks ago, too, and also wondered why it took us so long to get around to it. Then we went to see Star Trek and we've temporarily forgotten everything that preceded that event. That's good because I'm still embarrassed that Juno made me cry a few days ago.

Aunt So-So said...

Juno made me cry too! I think robots cried as well when they saw it. I also cried when I saw Nick and Norah for the second time, but not the first. And I would cry if I ever had to watch Star Trek.

LMP said...

What?!? Star Trek was FANTASTIC!

juliet said...

I agree with LMP...Star Trek WAS Fantastic!