- Christopher’s Birthday – Yes his birthday was weeks ago. Chris and I took him to Carrabba’s and got him the Snuggie, or as we call it, the Slanket (if you watch 30 Rock). We took turns wearing it at the table. After dinner we went to his house and watched The Soup.
- Dana’s baby shower – My trainer is expecting boy and girl twins at the end of June. She is HUGE. I’m enjoying seeing her expand, especially since it’s the only time in my life when I can be skinnier than her! The shower was held at another trainer Lori’s house which was tucked away in the woods. They had a killer infinity pool overlooking a lake. She got a ton of gifts and it was a good excuse to wear a cute outfit. Everything was served on silver, including an awesome punch (tasted like champagne and rum with floating strawberries). We got a good buzz on and sat by the pool watching all the gifts open.
- Hooters – once the sky looked like it was going to open up, Amber and I left the shower and headed to Hooters to continue the party. Chris and Jason met up with us and we chewed on some chicken. I don’t know what it is about those wings, but it makes it worth it to sit around with sleazeballs chain-smoking and ogling the wait staff, and the pimps disguised as managers. I try not to judge. Oops. I’ve said too much.
- Karaoke at Jason & Amber’s – We ditched Hooters and took the party to Jason and Amber’s. Jason has joined a cover band that will be gigging very soon. He is still practicing all of the songs, and since the mics are all set up we got rocking. We had a special moment, specifically when the entire room was singing “Bohemian Rhapsody” – what is the DEAL with that song!? We had a frigging blast. We also played an interactive Music game, which Chris and I destroyed. Don’t mess with us and music. You’re going down. Sorry. As it turns out, it's only fun for Chris and me.
- Shopping – I did a great deal of shopping this weekend. Mostly for babies. (My BFF since 7th grade is due next week and I haven't gotten her anything yet. I haven't even gotten her a wedding gift yet, and she got married 2 years ago, so I feel like I have to make up for it.) Ever since my niece Kate was a mere fetus I got a great kick out of shopping for babies. My emotions take over and lose my ability to control spending. If you’re a kid, it’s very possible that you can expect gift in the mail this week too, I’m just sayin. Oh yeah, and I wrapped EVERYTHING, and FYI, this includes baby gifts, dad’s birthday and mother’s day. I’m pooped.
- Finals – Chris spent a good chunk of his weekend studying. He has one final today and his LAST FINAL ON THURSDAY!!
- NASA – There is a good chance that Chris will be doing an internship with NASA this summer. A good friend of mine here at work hooked us right up with this – and all I had to do was ask. Her husband works for the EPA, contracted through NASA and is setting this thing up especially for Chris. Please keep him in your thoughts, as this is SO important to him/us. I don’t know which one of us is more excited.
- Summer Visits – Last but not least, we got word this weekend that the Miami Druekes purchased their airfare for 4th of July week. YES! Joey and Patty are still working on purchasing their airfare for May 15th weekend. Good stuff to look forward to.
Monday, May 4, 2009
This Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Why is it that the link behind "Joey and Patty" leads you to a hialeah site?
Sorry Patty, I fixed the link.
If you only THINK of yourself as a kid should you be expecting a gift in the mail from you? Just checking...
I should rephrase: If you are currently a dependent on your parents' tax return and/or have never been drunk in public you can expect a gift in the mail this week.
Dangit! I always lose out to that drunk in public clause. If my parents are really crafty, they're still claiming me...
Post a Comment