Thursday, February 25, 2010

How We're Doing


It's been two months since we lost Ramona, and we still miss her like crazy. I think I've only cried like twice in the past month, which is huge. Both Chris and I have been dreaming about her recently. Each time we dream about her we're surprised to see her because we know she's gone, but we know we have to take advantage of our time with her so we get down and play and cuddle with her. I have been wondering if this is a call for us to spend more time with Jake. He's been spoiled lately. He's been super cute. He's been bringing his toys to different rooms, which he didn't really do before. Today he brought a tiny little tupperwear container filled with his dog food to our bedroom and I died how cute it was. I think he was asking for a treat. I got down ont the floor with him and we played for a little bit. I then went to the kitchen and started preparing dinner. Chris took advantage of this time to call his classmate to discuss their study plan tomorrow. About 25 minutes later Chris was upstairs and I went to the couch to sit down with my laptop. Usually Jake is right next to me, ready to jump up on the couch next to me. He wasn't there, so I called for him, but he didn't come. I called upstairs to Chris to see if he was up there, to which he responded "no". But every room was empty. I went back upstairs to check for myself. He was not kidding. Jake wasn't there. I asked Chris if he let him out. He said no. Then I remembered that while Chris was on the phone he let him out. That was over 25 minutes ago. We forgot about him. We both ran down to the stairs, and of course, there was Jake, sitting in the dark on the porch, with the wind howling. Poor little guy. I let him back in and smothered him with kisses and put a few treats in his bowl. You'd think we'd know better.

3 comments:

LMP said...

Poor little Jake! Lola would have been pounding on the back door without a care about the damage she was doing, but Jake is just so polite. I wonder if he's Canadian...

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

Maybe that's why he ate our wall?

Aunt So-So said...

I wonder if he ate the wall because he's hungry. We're starving him, but he looks good. That's all that matters.