Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sweet Irony


I'm not ashamed to admit that I grew up listening to hair bands. When I was in 4th grade I got Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi on cassette. I loved Jon Bon Jovi so much. One day my brother took my tape and wrote something very bad (and untrue) about JBJ on the liner notes in big red pen. I cried for days. I thought I was over them until they started playing "Livin'On A Prayer" on the classic rock stations and in the college bars. Now I love them again. I found out recently that they're on tour, and our friend Mike is on tour with them and if we wanted to see them it would be doable, and most likely free. The problem is, Chris does NOT love Bon Jovi. He also does not think that we should drive up to Washington DC to see them play on Monday March 29th. I think he is crazy, and that makes me sad. The one thing that made me happy (I think I squealed) was that Mike told Chris that JBJ is super nice. And apparently he swears a lot. He uses the F-word quite a bit. I think the quote I got was "How are you guys f-ing doing? If any-f-ing-body ever f-ing messes with you, you f-ing let us know and we'll f-ing take care of 'em." How awesome is that? Anyway, I was thinking that not being able to go to this show reminds me of when I was ten and my mom wouldn't let me go see them in concert because they were "disgusting drug hippies". I remember thinking, "I can't wait until I grow up and I can go to whatever concert I want".

3 comments:

Topher said...

Um, you know, Corbett hates them too so perhaps we could leave the boys behind and have our own little outing...:)

Aunt So-So said...

I think you're on to something.

cochina said...

i'd go see them too! maybe i fly down to DC and we meet there?