Thursday, August 26, 2010

First day of Senior Year and such

A lot is going on at home today. I've had a hard time keeping up with the blog, so I'm going to blast out some items.

Today is Chris' first day of senior year. (YAY. YAY! YAY!!!!) Nothing much more to add. Just yay.

Mom's visit was awesome. She arrived last Thursday, and right away we started shopping. Why I love my mom so much:

Me: Mom, where do you want to go shopping?
Mom: Ooooooh! Target, the Dollar Tree, TJ Maxx...
Me: Mom, you have all that in Miami
Mom: Yes, but all the merchandise is different.
Me: (Rolling my eyes) yes, but...okay. Let's go.

We spent an hour in Target. She bought me some cute shoes and I got my leopard wedges(!). Chris was waiting in the car after having gone to Home Depot while we were at Target. I told him we hadn't even gone into the Dollar Tree yet. He said, ok, but hurry. I walked the entire length of the Dollar Tree in about a minute and found nothing (shocking). My feet were killing me, so I went to the car. On my way out I overheard a kid say to his mom, "Mom, why are we going to the Dollar Tree??? We have one at home!!!!" Kid, I feel your pain.

The whole time mom was in town, Chris' cousin Jenny and her kids Lexi and Jake were here. We managed to fit in a barbecue, which was really cool. Mom gets along with everyone. Then on Sunday we took mom to Middleburg, VA to visit mom's BFF Mimi. I have a bunch of photos that I'll have to upload later. Then on Monday morning just as quickly as she arrived, she was gone. I'll see her again in a couple of weeks.

Jenny and Lexi left on Tuesday, and we're taking Jake home tomorrow. We've had a lot of fun with the little guy. I think we're going to miss him.

More later. Busy at work.

No comments: