Monday, September 27, 2010

Flashback - July 2010

I have done such a horrible job blogging that I decided to do a summer flashback series just so that I can make use of some of the photos I've taken. I think what holds me back most of the time is that I am really bad at uploading photos.

Back in July, we took a trip out to Atlanta.  The big plan was to meet up with Abigail (who would come back to Williamsburg with us for a week) and spend some quality time with the Atlanta Druekes.  Abigail was one of three teens spending time there.  Mikey P.(Lisa's niece) came in from Nebraska.  Ro* (Lisa's other niece) was visiting from Winchester, VA.  I had never met the nieces before, so that was fun.  I loved seeing them all together, giggling and being cool with their neon shoes and boy talk.  Since the place was jammed with people, Steve and Joy were kind enough to let us crash at their place.  They have a super awesome home, where cute little kid faces don't wake you up at 6:00 am. Not that I mind that kind of thing, but I do love me some sleep.  We did a lot of fun stuff.  The highlight was the joint birthday party for Kate and Sarah. They got a huge bouncy thing which included a waterslide.  There were kids everywhere and lots of good eats.  I watched Wonderfalls with Abigail and Ro*.  I got a lot of crap from the other adults for watching TV, but they were all getting drunk and waiting for the kids to leave so they could put all their adult weight in the bouncy thing that could clearly not support it.  It was fun to watch.  So much fun, that everyone forgot to eat dinner, and had to scramble and order sushi at 9:00 pm.

We left Atlanta and flew back home with Abby.  Chris had class all week long, so I decided to work half days and spend the afternoons with her.  We shopped, we went bowling, she went to VCU with Chris, and was supposed to go to work with me, but I got sick (totally caught whatever she had).  We got her to eat lots of food she's never had: sushi, Vietnamese, hibachi, Indian, etc.  She liked most of it. We also took her to one of our favorite places on earth, Charlottesville.  We didn't go into Monticello this time (she had already been) so instead we went shopping and drove her past UVA.  We also spent some time at home, trying to figure out how to read Tarot Cards (we suck), then we watched an 80's movie marathon with Weird Science, Pretty in Pink and Stand By Me.  (She didn't show any interest in Dirty Dancing.  I admit I didn't really like it when I was her age, but I love it now.)  Sadly, the day came when we had to put her on a plane.  It was difficult getting used to life without her, but we survived.  We'd love to have her back any time!

No comments: