1) Born in New Rochelle, NY.
2) Is a Scorpio. (Inense, emotional, loyal, and mysterious.)
3) Nickname is “Gordo”, or “Gordito” meaning “Fatso” in Spanish – he was a fat baby.
4) Is the middle child.
5) Was a very cute and funny kid. (He used to entertain my parents' friends at dinner parties with his ability to hold conversations with adults. He would tell them tales of going on business trips to Chicago on his bike.)
6) Favorite color is red.
7) Is left-handed.
8) As a kid he shared a bunk bed with Joey, occupying the bottom bunk, with Joey residing on the top.
9) Loves to wear sunglasses. The shinier the better.
10) Never wears a watch even though he owns a few.
11) Wears a size 9 shoe.
12) Loves (LOVES) animals.
13) Is allergic to most animals.
14) Loves wrestling. (This dates back to AWA All-Star Wrestling in Minnesota.)
15) Loves horror movies and has a vast collection.
16) Loves Halloween. He enjoys wearing a Michael Meyers mask to hand out candy and scare children. Is usually remorseful and consoling if a frightened child cries.
17) Loves to eat and will eat almost anything.
18) Hates eggs. Will not eat eggs in any form.
19) Loves soda, especially strawberry or grape-flavor (yuck).
20) Does not drink alcohol.
21) Hates the sound of crying babies/children but is great with kids otherwise.
22) Loves the sound of car trouble.
23) Almost lost the tip of his finger as a child when a door was slammed on it, but had it sewn back on, good as new.
24) Is not afraid of gross animals (roaches, lizards, frogs, etc.), thus he is frequently summoned to catch such creatures and often does so with bare hands.
25) Hates shopping. Hates shopping. Has no patience for shopping.
26) Loves KISS, and owns all of their albums. Owns duplicates of some.
27) Collects LP records, and has a huge collection. Don’t even dream of asking him to part with one. It will cost you. Not worth it.
28) Was an extra in several movies, but was featured in “From Justin to Kelly”.
29) Has met several celebrities and has collected many autographs over the years, including football star/accused double murderer/convicted felon, O.J. Simpson.
30) Doesn’t waste time trying to make friends with people who aren’t friendly.
31) Has a very impressive memory. I have been known to call him to settle arguments about pop-culture issues.
32) Embarrasses very easily. (I will probably get a lot of grief for this post.)
33) Unbelievably loyal to his family and friends and is very loved in return.
Happy Birthday, big guy!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Alex!! Don't get mad at your birthday post. It's done out of love.
I love this birthday post! Alex, I hope you feel the love. Happy birthday again!
Thank You
For posting this, many wounderful
memories,I can say I have ben blessed with a wounderful
childhood,family and friends
No word can describe how fortunate
I have been
My love and warm regards to all
Alex Hernandez
When I was in college I became convinced I was destined to marry a man named Alex. I didn't know any Alexes at the time, but I just had a hunch. So it turns out that I married a man who has a brother that married a woman who has a brother named Alex. I'd say that's close enough to being eerie, no?
Post a Comment