Monday, November 24, 2008

My mind is racing!

Today is November 24, and I always remember this day as the day Freddie Mercury died in 1991. Eric Carr (second drummer for KISS) also died on this day, same year. Don’t ask me why I know this, I just do…I have a weird thing for dates. Maybe it was just that shocking. I was 14, and I loved Queen and KISS.




So this is a two day work week for me, and I can’t seem to get anything done. In my mind, nothing at work is as important as the things I have to do.

  • Eat lunch with Chris by the lake (our Monday ritual)
  • Pick up two bottles of vodka
  • Get something chocolaty in town
  • Pick up the dogs' collars at the vet
  • Pick up dry cleaning
  • Go to the gym
  • Have dinner with Chris and his new study buddy (mooch)
  • Watch Chuck (!!!!)
  • Get to bed at a reasonable hour

I’m thinking I may call in sick tomorrow to take care of all of my errands:

  • Do laundry and pack (I’m too busy today)
  • Work on some more of my personalized Christmas gifts
  • Eat a warm lunch
  • Get to bed EARLY

Wednesday we're driving down to Atlanta for Thanksgiving. I’m very excited about all the yummy food and my visit with the extended family. I can’t get enough of my nieces. I always try to think of schemes in which I can legally kidnap one in a way that wouldn’t offend anyone. I keep hearing, “get your own”, but this way is way easier and less painful. Plus, they’re already potty-trained I think.

3 comments:

jdrueke said...

The girls (and Lisa and I) are very excited about your visit. Kate is a bed wetter and Sarah still enjoys the warmth of her own filth. Enjoy!!!!

LMP said...

You can't have them. We need both tax deductions.

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

Quien es mas macho, Freddie Mercury o Hombre de Gato?