Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and other ramblings


Our Thanksgiving trip was a nice one. We had lots of good food and good laughs. The little ones are just to die for and I’m counting down the days until we see them again. The photo above is Kate holding her new Barbie Rapunzel movie in the parking garage at Target.

The dogs got along fairly well with Lola, but there were a few minor fracases. Nothing major, but we think Jake gave Lola a cut above her eye just before Lola threw Ramona into the sideboard, which caused her to limp...again. (Lisa gave a better account on her worst.mama.ever. blog.) I need to have a talk with Jake about hitting girls. Not cool. Ramona also fell out of the car in Richmond, but I gave her extra glucosamine before we left, so although she was a little limpy from time to time, she did better than she had on past trips. Margie was good at paying them good attention in the back seat too, so that made them happy.

Yesterday I came home from a long day to find that Christmas had arrived at my home. Our Christmas lights were up, as was my plastic Santa. When I walked inside I saw my Christmas tree up too. I was overjoyed, and it reminded me that I never said what I was thankful for on Thanksgiving….it’s Chris. Of course I’m very thankful for many things, but mostly for him.

Most days I might say that I’m thankful for my dogs, because they are my children and they bring me joy on most days, but since their trip they won’t eat. They flat out refuse. They sniff their food, and then they turn their noses. I am guessing that they got used to the dog cookies (a peace offering to Lola), turkey, gravy, the hamburger bits from Hardees (from Grammy), etc., on their road trip and now they won’t eat their food. I’ll be thankful when they eventually starve and eat their dang food. I will say that I am thankful for Dentabone, which curtailed the warm garbage breath on the road trip. Good thing I stocked up for our next road trip.

3 comments:

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

We're a couple of thankful people, right Mike?!

Aunt So-So said...

Speaking of Mike, he didn't call you during dinner. Thanks, Mike!

LMP said...

I think they're on a hunger strike until they can see their cousin Lola again. Parting is such sweet sorrow!

WV - kocha

Usage "You were pretty smug until I kocha watching old episodes of Land of the Lost and crying"