Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Twenty. More. Minutes.
I can’t concentrate. I have had a full workload here and I’ve had enough but I still can’t leave for a little while. It’s that time of year when the Faculty have to spend their money or they lose it, so I’m exhausted. It will only get worse by the end of the week. Also, I have become an expert eavesdropper and have heard some unsettling things that I choose to not let get to me. I’ve heard something about layoffs twice in the past week but we’re also hiring two new people. I must exert all of my energy on things that make me happy, like Chris, food and shopping. When I leave this place, I’ll be going to Ann Taylor Loft so that I can use my birthday gift certificate. I waited until Friends and Family so that I could get 30% off. Maybe I’ll get two things. Then I’m going to have dinner with Chris for the second night in a row when he won’t be leaving me for homework. He’s even doing dishes now. One more week and the semester will be over. I think my head’s going to explode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I blame Spring Fever for this inability to concentrate and overall agitation. It's bad. It's like, Level 6 bad.
I have senioritis at my job and I still have 2.5 more years to go! It IS bad!
Post a Comment