- Halloween - we dressed up and went to Red Rock (bar/lounge) with Amber and Jason and some friends of theirs. Chris and Jason were Angus Young and Brian Johnson of AC/DC. Amber, her sister Breeze and I were 80s aerobics instructors. It was a long night.
- Vikings vs. Packers - Big game. Watched it at home, screamed, was happy. My brother Joey goes to Green Bay to see this game every year with his friend Jason (from GB). Every year we worry about what shenanigans they will get into and hope they return in one piece. This year I got a call from him at around 9:45 pm EST. The game had ended a few hours earlier and he was still celebrating. He was telling me that he had befriended a couple at the stadium, about an hour or two into their conversation they realized that they live in the same area that we grew up in. Curious, they asked Joey exactly where. Joey started with the address, and after he finished, the husband took out his drivers license to show that they live in the same exact house that we did about 22 years ago. Same. Exact. House.
- Our FIFTH wedding anniversary - I called in sick so that I could spend the day with Chris. I honestly did feel sick, but decided to go to Richmond with Chris to spend a day in the life of a VCU Mechanical Engineering student. I spent an hour in the computer lab while he was in class, mostly Facebooking and instant messaging friends. Then we went to the bookstore and got some VCU garb and met up with his friends at a cute little Moroccan restaurant. We had to get back to school so Chris could attend his lab, then we went home. I was POOPED at the end of the day. It felt like an honest to God road trip. Then we went out to dinner at the Blue Talon. My tummy wasn't enjoying the evening, but I was still happy.
- Juliet came to visit - the day after our anniversary we had company from Boston. I was still sick, but we managed to spend some QT at home and went out to pick up some food to cook some Cuban food. I passed out on the couch that night, and the next morning I woke up to find Juliet in the kitchen whipping up some killer food. We went out for mani/pedis and when we came home there was a full-on party. Yum.
- Nor'Easter - We had a pretty rough storm this week. We were released early on Thursday and went home to...watch TV. I was lucky enough to get through all of 30 Rock, when just after 10 pm, as though I was being sent to bed, the power went out. The next morning it was still out, and though we had a 2-hour delay at work, I headed out to get the dogs to the vet by 9:00 am. I worked a full day, picked up the dogs and headed back home only to find that the power was still out. When Chris returned home from school, we passed out on the bed until our hungry tummies woke us up. We picked up Christopher and went to dinner. When we came home later that night we found that the power was back! It had been out for 24 hours.
- Alex's birthday - He turned 34 this year. I sent him a card.
- Vikings game - I started watching Minnesota Vikings football this season. Yesterday I realized that it wasn't playing in my area so called my brother Joey to out a little ask him what I can do. He was kind enough to let me use his sports package from DirecTV and I watched the game online, with the laptop hooked up to the TV. Happy day. They beat the Lions. :P What a nice guy Joey is!
- Lola - Last but certainly not least, the Drueke family lost an important member. It was a devastating blow, and it was all so unexpected. She was Chris' brother's family dog, a beautiful white and brown rescued Boxer. My first memory of Lola was when we visited their home in Atlanta one Thanksgiving. We had left for the day, and when we returned she had eaten my disposable camera. I tried to be angry, but she had a face that could let her get away with anything. Last year we brought our own dogs to Atlanta to visit at Thanksgiving, and they managed to get along pretty quickly with a couple of rumblings here and there. When we returned in December, the three dogs were a pack. Having lost family pets myself, I can share in their pain. We will miss her forever.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Time flies
I just realized that I haven't updated in two weeks. Where does time go? I feel like it was just Halloween and now I'm preparing for Thanksgiving. I also wrapped seven Christmas gifts this weekend. We had a couple of really cool undocumented occurrences, some of which I documented last year. I'll catch you up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm tired.
Me too. Thanks for the Lola shout-out. Didn't she eat your soap, too? I seem to recall cleaning up frothy puke that night...
YES! I forgot about that. Lolaaaaaaaa! It's taking everything I have to not laugh out loud at my desk.
I can still smell the pukey-soap smell. Or is it soapy-puke? Either way, she is missed.
Post a Comment