Friday, February 22, 2008

Rahtz!


About a year ago I was having a light-hearted afternoon conversation about nothing with some of the faculty here in the business school. Somewhere in the midst of our chatter, I asked Don if he thought I was fat. I admit I did this exclusively to get a reaction. (We’re relentless here.) He was visibly startled by this question, and stood in stunned silence, while the rest of us had a field day with his reaction. Clearly, I had embarrassed him.

A few weeks later, some more of us were goofing off during work hours in the mailroom, and again, he was the target of another one of my wise cracks. Once again, everyone had a laugh at his expense, and then he fired back: “You know, I thought about your question, and the answer is yes. I think you’re fat.” Ooh, BURN! He unarguably got me, but I deserved it. I felt my face turn red, and then I stood up and gave him a high five. Don and I were laughing hysterically. Those who weren’t there for the initial blast were nervous and confused. He just called her fat! In front of other people! Perhaps they thought the remark was inappropriate and that he was a jerk, but he became my hero that day. In light of that momentous occasion, he often sends me ads like this one. And every now and again he checks up on me to make sure I can get in and out of my chair okay, or if I need some WD-40.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny stuff..........you, my friend, are not only unforgettable.....but TRULY a one in a million!