



Our good friend Captain Greg showed up one Sunday morning reeking of alcohol from the previous night’s carousing. Irritated, I let him in, but coaxed him and Chris outside while I stayed in and watched Steel Magnolias. When I surfaced, I found that the guys had taken the deck apart. I was ticked, so I told them that they needed to finish before nightfall. I'm NOT walking the dogs in this weather. To my astonishment, they accomplished a lot in one day, and even reattached the stairs for the doggies. Over the course of that Sunday and the following Saturday, the crew (consisting of Chris, Greg, Jerry and Jason) were nearly finished. I had picked up some beer, Chik-fil-A and Amber and it was officially a party. This is what we got. I'm most pleased and very proud of my new deck.
4 comments:
We have railings now, so we need to add photos to show folks I didn't leave things in a dangerous state.
I was thinking the same thing. I also forgot to mention that before the railings were up Jake used to jump off the side of the deck because he was too lazy to walk around to the steps that you so lovingly provided him.
You know what this post makes me think? It makes me think "how is it I never seem to talk to these people? They have a deck?!?" It's lovely as are the curtains in your later post. You've proven you're apt at domesticity. Might as well start cranking out some babies, you know what I'm sayin'?
Thanks for the encouragement, Lisa. We're afraid to reproduce because we know they'll be inferior Drueke babies. Besisdes, they'll ruin all the work we've done on the house!
Post a Comment