Last year I turned 30, and Chris worked on my birthday. To top it off, my 30th birthday landed on a Saturday and I was alone. It blew. Then something great happened. The following week, on Chris’ four-day weekend, he threw me a surprise party. He secretly flew in two of my dearest friends, Ornit and Juliet. Then my mom and brother Alex arrived. He also invited some of my work friends and all his Williamsburg band friends. I was blown away.
Turning 31 doesn't mean anything except I'm more thirty than I was last year. Nevertheless, we're kicking off this birthday season in style. Next week we're going to Chicago during Chris' Spring Break. Yes, I said Spring Break. Only now we're in our thirties, so we're fat. We aren’t going anywhere warm because we don't want to offend anyone by wearing bathing suits in public. (We're considerate like that.) We're going to Chicago (in March) so that we will have to wear as much clothing as possible, and eat more. After we return from Chicago, my girl Juliet (and possibly Camilio) is coming for a visit. The following weekend, my mom is coming. I love it! I'll likely get fired for missing so much work, but it will be so worth it.
2 comments:
it's confirmed! it's confirmed! expect us (you read right, US) on thursday night...so make sure to have my room ready! we'll be around for a while ;-) i sooo can't wait! i miss you!
Bitch...taht ain't your room.
With Love,
Ornit
Post a Comment