Brody
Before Jodie and Dixie, there was Brody, a delightful fluffy angel. He and Jake were tight. They used to convene every evening to discuss politics, religion, and girls, and I'm certain that Ramona felt left out. I think they even had the same accountant. He was the coolest dog on the block. Brody was even allowed to hang out late at night, sometimes in the front yard, with the assistance of an invisible fence. I really miss Brody.
This afternoon I traveled to the far corners of our property to snap some photos of the newbies and learned a little bit about the backyard dynamics. Excited by my footsteps, the dogs rushed the fence and commenced the ferocious barking. I’m not going to lie, I was a little frightened. It began with the cocker spaniel, and then the others chimed in. I learned that the seemingly charming little spaniel has really been an instigator all this time. She was taunting, jumping and snapping! What a little gremlin she turned out to be. I also discovered that these animals would not be still for a photo. After some time, they calmed a little and actually appeared to be pretty sweet. The barking was never-ending, but it wasn’t as scary is it seemed. It seemed more threatening because they’re not as adorable and charming as our dogs.

No comments:
Post a Comment