Monday, August 11, 2008

Jake needs to stop licking


Jake has crotch rot. He would die if he knew I was announcing this publicly, but it’s his own fault. We have tried everything to keep him from nervously licking his hot spots, but nothing seems to work. The fur on his paws has grown back, but he’s suddenly missing fur on his leg next to his privates, which are bare as well. Chris and I have discussed the Elizabethan collar, but something about that is very scary and humiliating for all of us. Besides, I somehow think he will strangle himself with it when we’re not looking. Yesterday Chris and I purchased a product at PetSmart called “Bitter Yuck”, which is to be sprayed on hot spots to prevent licking. Upon arriving home, I sprayed his danger zone despite his blatant disapproval. I was aware that the act would be considered offensive, but I am ashamed of what his body is looking like lately. Later in the evening, I spied him licking, so immediately I attacked him again with the spray and shouted “NO!”, but I think I just terrified him. We decided that the crap doesn’t work, and back it went. Chris exchanged it for another bottle called “Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray”. If this doesn’t work, I’m going to make him wear shorts. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Out of pure coincidence, Chris sent me this link last week, just for a chuckle.

2 comments:

LMP said...

I cannot WAIT for someone named Jake to do the "Jake needs" thing with Google now...

Anonymous said...

loving the shorts approach...