Thursday, September 11, 2008

Booyah!


I have a very busy day, so I’ll try keep this short. Presley, the Boxer, is the Greatest American Dog, and as a boxer owner, I am beaming with pride. I was sitting in class last night when my cell phone rang (it was on silent mode, but it lit up). I saw that it was Lisa (a professor where I work) who never calls me, so I was a little curious. I text messaged her telling her I was in class and asked if everything was okay. She just wanted to tell me that Presley won the competition, which is SO exciting to me. She'd been watching the show and telling me about it every now and again. Normally I’m on the edge of my seat during my class because although the information is basic (at a junior high school level), we are being taught ways in which we are tricked on exams. Anyway, while I was working out an algebra problem, I realized the irony of the situation: I was trading text messages during class with a college professor! I know I was smiling (who smiles during class!?). I made an attempt to wipe away the grin and text in my lap so as not to be busted and publicly humiliated (or at the very least not insult him), but I sensed that the professor was on to me. While I was FOILing, he walked in front of my desk (which he never does), where I knew he could see my phone. “This is embarrassing”, I thought, but continued my conversation while feigning interest in solving polynomial equations – this is something I have practice in while living with a college student. The constant texting was the equivalence of a dude listening to a football game at church, but I digress. The point is the Boxer won. While I agree that a Boxer is Greatest American dog, I might disagree with their choice in Boxer, because Ramona is clearly the greatest American dog…a title she might have to share with Jake, who is clearly not a Boxer. We’re not sure what he is. Perhaps the Greatest American Fat Dog. I must get back to work. I'm rambling.

1 comment: