Saturday, February 7, 2009

In a Pickle


I will be attending a bridal shower next Saturday. I know, it's Valentine's Day...how romantic. I must be a good friend to attend a shower and leave Chris at home on VD for two hours. Anyway, I offered to bring something, and was told to bring Sorbet Punch. That's awesome because I have TWO punch bowls. I was thinking about making one virgin and one spiked. Then it hit me. I don't know how to make punch! I've looked on the internet for recipes and now I'm overwhelmed and don't feel like making test-runs for friggin' punch! Does anyone have a receipe that they can recommend that they KNOW is good? I'll love you forever.

5 comments:

Topher said...

Two things:

1) I thought you said you were leaving Chris home with VD...heh heh...

2) For the spiked punch, this is DELICIOUS although a little pricey. It's Haydn's punch that he got in England so long ago:

One bottle Champagne (or you could add white wine and a bottle of seltzer for a cheaper version)
One bottle burgundy (any cheap red wine will do)
One bottle rum
Ten lemons
Two oranges
A pound and a half of sugar

It is fantastic. I think we used less sugar, and you could just use some orange juice and lemon juice to keep the cost down...:)

LMP said...

I know this much - punch should never involve pickles.

Anonymous said...

First I would like to emphatically agree with LMP - no pickles! :)
Here is a cheaper and still tasty punch so you have options...
Champagne
Peach juice
and instead of ice, frozen strawberries

jdrueke said...

Grandma Lindgrove's Famous Never-Fail Party Punch:

2-large bottles Canadian Mist
a few ice cubes

Enjoy!

Aunt So-So said...

Thanks to all...especially to Jeremiah, to who I say check this out: http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/c/canadian-mist-252.html

I will not add pickles.