

Today is Joey's birthday, and to commemorate the occasion, I have compiled 35 interesting facts about Joey - it's only fair:
- Born in New Rochelle, NY.
- Is an Aquarius. (Stubborn, humane, idealistic, friendly and sociable.)
- Anyone who has ever been around my dad on February 1st of any given year after 1974 (or at Joey and Patty's wedding rehearsal dinner) already knows that there was a huge blizzard in New Rochelle on the day Joey was born.
- Is married to Patricia, who I kind of knew in high school, and whose sister Cristina was in my graduating class. Small world, lucky for us. They make a GREAT couple. I used to think that nobody would ever marry Joey but shockingly it's a fabulous match, and they seem to be having a pretty happy marriage.
- Is the first born of three children.
- Moved to Burnsville, Minnesota at age two, and then to Miami, Florida at age thirteen. He will likely never move from Miami, much to Patty's chagrin.
- Loves football. LOVES it so much that it might actually be a sickness. We'll look into it.
- Has a ridiculous memory for trivia, especially for Sports and Music. Ask him anything.
- The Minnesota Vikings is his favorite football team.
- Plays Fantasy Football, the jock equivalent of Dungeons and Dragons, and is very good at it for some reason.
- When he turned 30, Superbowl XXXVIII fell on his birthday, and on that day he collected the prize for First Place in his Fantasy Football league. He got a trophy.
- Today he turns 35 on Superbowl XLIII and he will collect the prize for Second Place in his Fantasy Football league.
- In 1974, the year he was born, Superbowl VIII was played on January 13th (three weeks before he was born) between the Miami Dolphins (15-2) and the Minnesota Vikings (14-3), 24–7. The Dolphins won, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if Joey were already born and somehow watching, the Vikings would have beat the Dolphins.
- The following year, Superbowl IX (for the regular season 1974) was played on January 12, 1975 between the Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3-1) and the Minnesota Vikings (12-5), 16–6. The Steelers won. Hey, aren't the Steelers playing today?
- Loves Led Zeppelin. LOVES Led Zeppelin.
- Favorite guitarist is Jimmy Page. Anyone else is an inferior guitarist, by far.
- Plays guitar, but not as good as Jimmy Page. Obviously.
- Played the piano as a child. I have memories of him playing the Themes for The Pink Panther and Hill Street Blues.
- Has a degree in Anthropology from FIU.
- Does not use his degree in his current profession.
- Has a very impressive work ethic and a pretty sweet collection of work clothes.
- On the surface he can seem like a cheapskate, but although he is very frugal, he is the most generous person I know.
- Growing up, he trusted NO ONE because he was mischievous. I am happy to report that he trusts some people now and is very trustworthy.
- Used to hate the responsibility of owning a dog. Yesterday, he and Patty got their first dog together, Penny Lane. She is absurdly cute and I cannot wait to meet her.
- Loves beer, and brews his own at home.
- Has a very hard time keeping his eyes open in photos. He is sensitive to flash.
- Was in a fraternity in college, and as a result has one million friends, and is still friends with many of them. It's baffling.
- Has an unusual sense of humor, which is sometimes mean, but almost always funny. Maybe that's why he has so many friends.
- Is very blunt, direct and honest. Don't ask him if he thinks you look fat in your jeans. There's a good chance you'll end up crying.
- Is very fit. He used to work out in the garage by himself. Now he plays basketball, tennis and runs with Patty.
- He was only fat once. It was after a surgery. He posted a photo of himself at the beach sporting a gut as a reminder to work out, and it worked.
- Is unrelentingly loyal to his friends and family.
- Likes to act like he doesn't care about some things, but deep down he does...a lot.
- His celebrity crushes growing up were Claudia Schiffer, Jenny McCarthy and a Victoria's Secret model whose name escapes me. (Update: I just remembered her name is Laeticia Casta, and not Calista Flockhart like I kept thinking.)
- Still has not been out to visit me. I was at his house at Christmas and made a deal with Patty: They have a nativity that is also a puzzle. I said that I would take baby Jesus back home with me, and when they'd come to visit I would give him back, and the puzzle would be complete again. It was going to be awesome. He didn't think it was funny. He made me leave baby Jesus behind, so now all I have to get them out to visit is a little dose of guilt. Here's hoping it works!

7 comments:
Ay, que Joey.
What a great blog
There were so many great pics
and tribute to joey.He deserves it
he is a great brother and person to everyone, I am glad he is my brother, I have beeb always proud of him,I love his new pup penny
she is a doll.
Love it - especially the call outs to me and our new Penny Lane!
Through your eyes, Joey is even more awesome :)
Stay cool...
Beautiful tribute to Joey's 35th Birthday!!!
XOXO,
Alina
P.S. Congrats Joey and Patty...Penny Lane is adorable!!!!!
Alina! Thanks for commenting. I never know if anyone actually reads this, so thanks! I miss you!XO
You are a supa dupa sista!
Post a Comment