Tuesday, March 23, 2010

33


So the day after we came back from SPRING BREAK 2010 I turned 33. We slept in so late and Chris took me to lunch at the Baker's Crust, then to TJ Maxx to look for stuff for the house that we wanted to update. Instead, I found some really cute shoes! Nothing for the house. I did, however, run into Amber there who was shopping for a birthday present for me. Funny. I just gave her one of the cute pair of flip flops I had selected. Chris and I ran a few more errands then got some food to grill and invited some folks over. We had Christopher and Corbett, Jason and Amber and Margie. It was to be a quiet affair since it was a weekday and all. Actually the only people that had to get up early the next day were Jason and Christopher. So lots of beer was consumed. None by me. Then we all did shots of Jäger, which is a staple at our house for celebrations. At one point after dinner, someone handed me a piece of cake. Immediately I shot up and demanded to know why I was being given cake without anyone singing "Happy Birthday". I took the peice of cake off the plate and returned it to its original place and made everyone sing to me with candles and everything. It was kind of funny.

2 comments:

LMP said...

Happy birthday again! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. I know one thing, I would have made sure there was singing prior to there being cake-cutting.

Aunt So-So said...

Thanks Lisa! Yours was the first message I got. I know I can count on you to make sure the party goes the way it should. Wish you were here.