Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Digs

I told Chris that for my birthday I wanted an office so that I could have a place to balance the budget, blog, write my correspondence, file our taxes, etc. We usually keep my laptop either on the kitchen counter or near the couch, which is convenient when trying to resolve disagreements (to google/wikipedia) but it felt very...I don't know, is "ghetto" the right word? He didn't really need to buy me anything other than shelves, just move some stuff around. Another problem that needed solving was Jake. Since we have been spoiling him, he has been regressing. He has been more destructive, and so we needed to bring out the big gun (his kennel) so as to reinforce boundaries, and protect our home. The room I decided to occupy has been many things, most recently a guest room with bunk beds. We've had the bunk beds for a few years now and they have only been used a hand full of times - so infrequently, that we haven't washed the sheets because they continue to be occupied by the same people, Abigail and Elizabeth. Since we don't need the beds, I figured Margie would love to have them now that Kate and Sarah are prime candidates for bunk beds. Since they will likely be the only ones to use them, she won't have to wash those sheets either. ;) So to recap, the new room will have a desk and shelves for my work, the kennel for Jake, and I will keep in there the elliptical and a yoga mat so that I can work on my Abs of Beer. The results are to my liking.

Another exciting thing to note is our new Cherry Blossom tree. We purchased two last year, and only one survived. She is blooming now, which makes me very giddy.

Once upon a time it was an office.

It was Chris' office, but look at Ramona! :)

Another time it was a guest room.

Now it's MY office.

I worked out, filed taxes and filled out the Census Sunday.

Our new tree.

Proud papa.

2 comments:

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

Even my face looks fat.

Aunt So-So said...

Your face looks handsome.