Chris had a birthday yesterday, a non-milestone. I opened my eyes on Sunday morning before 8 am, which is bothersome, because this is the last day this week that I can sleep in, and it isn't even 8! I heard Chris stir, so I snuck a glance, and we decided we were awake. I quickly got up and brought him the dogs so they could greet him him with wet noses and wagging tails. I gave him his gift - Arrested Development Season 2 in a Starbucks bag with a card that I didn't sign. (That's a new thing for me...somehow I think I can use it again if I haven't written in it yet?) We rolled out of bed, and I started the day by making him his very favorite breakfast, french toast. We opted to invite some of his friends over for some food and drink, and allow Chris a break from his studies. That was tough. I snuck out to pick up his Dairy Queen ice cream cake, then picked up the mess before people arrived. We had a pretty good turn out: Jim, Christopher & Corbett, Trey & Missy, Jason & Amber and Margie. We got some pretty cool bottles of wine, including a port called Cockburn's. This title made Chris wince a little. I got Marley & Me, which I can't wait to start reading...thanks Amber! (Great, now I have to READ!?)
French Toast!
Chris dancing with his breakfast
(Ramona: "is he looking at me?...how about now?")
(Me: Christopher, watch your head - that shelf is sharp!
Christopher: Damn, Sonya, I'm not 5!...Ow! Am I bleeding?")
Jason & Amber
I'll admit, this party was on the tame side compared to my last birthday party but we still had a great time. We managed to get through the evening without breaking anything or enduring hangovers. Thankfully the Maytag repairman was scheduled to repair our refrigerator this morning, so I was allowed to sleep in...until 7:30 - I needed that! Thanks for turing 32, Chris! You're officially older than me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment