Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Work and More Work


Its been a pretty productive couple of days. Of course, I've only managed to complete one of the tasks I had originally planned to do, but there is still plenty of time. I got the insulation put back under the sunroom, and I added some 6 mil. poly sheeting to help keep the insulation from falling again and maybe keep the area a little cleaner.

That was surprisingly time consuming work. Before I got to that job, I had to finish painting. Sonya and I were sick of our kitchen and living room, so we decided to repaint. That task immediately superseded my other plans. We spent Sunday at Home Depot - thank you George Bush for giving us the free money - and picked out some paint. We also bought a 10 foot a-frame ladder because our little six-footer just doesn't cut the mustard when it comes time to paint the walls thanks to our vaulted ceilings. When we returned from Home Depot, Sonya immediately started masking and painting the lower sections of the wall. I climbed up the new ladder and painted the higher portions. I was also in charge of painting the trim next to ceiling. That is a big pain in the butt, and I know Sonya would have done a better job than I. I don't think I could bear seeing Sonya way up on the ladder, so she was forced to watch me in horror. While Sonya went to work on Monday, I painted the kitchen and fixed the insulation.

Now that the painting is out of the way, I should be able to get some more of those other tasks I had in mind completed. I added to my chore list a gate for the deck so we can keep the doggies up there. We like to be able to leave them outside without worrying about them digging or getting too dirty. So after two days of hard work, my task check list is at a net zero. Dang it.

1 comment:

Topher said...

Aw shucks, you didn't ask for help painting. You know Corbett and I would be spectacular at it. (Yes, I'm chuckling too.)

btw--Quit confusing me and posting here, it's too much for my mind to handle!!