The Fla. man punches 5-foot shark until it lets go of his rat terrier Jake
NBC News and news servicesupdated 3:02 p.m. ET, Tues., Sept. 30, 2008
ISLAMORADA, Fla. - A dog is recovering after a Florida Keys carpenter dove in to save his pet from a shark.Greg LeNoir said he took his 14-pound rat terrier Jake for a daily swim at a marina last Friday.
The five-foot shark suddenly surfaced and grabbed nearly the entire dog in its mouth.
LeNoir said he yelled, then balled up his fists and dove headfirst into the water off a pier. He hit the shark in the back and the creature finally let go of the dog.
"I couldn't see the shark when I dived in ... so I just put my fist together ... but my hands landed solidly against the back of the shark," LeNoir told NBC-affiliate WTVJ.
Man and dog made it safely back to shore. The dog suffered bite wounds but was not critically injured.
"I thought Jake deserved whatever I could do," LeNoir said of his heroism.
LeNoir told NBC 6 that Jake "can't stand swimming pools," but that he might have to change Jake’s swimming hole.
4 comments:
I would beat the crap out of a grizzly bear if it touched my Jake! Way to go Jimmy-Buffet-wannabe!
I've always thought that punching a shark was funny. I just imagine that getting any force behind a punch under water would be difficult.
What was that dog doing swimming in the ocean with an open, bleeding wound (I assume that was what alerted the shark to his presence)?
I know! Who takes his 14-pound dog for a daily swim!? The story is ridiculous. And how is this story newsworthy?
Post a Comment