Saturday, June 7, 2008

I was thinking of this image.

It's day four of this heat wave, and there's no end in sight. Mom's air conditioner crapped out, but I think she was able to get it working again. I told her the condenser coils were probably frozen and she could thaw them out with a hair dryer or just turning it off. So, back to the image. I was thinking that it might actually be too hot for ice cream. I imagined it melting as it was being scooped. Then I imagined the ice cream van melting. Then I found this image. It turns out the heat was fooling me into believing I could be creative. Then Google images showed me I was just deluding myself.

1 comment:

Aunt So-So said...

I remember last year going to Rita's with your mom and she stayed in the car because it was too hot to stand in line for ice cream. I also recall not getting any custard with my black cherry water ice because the thought of anything creamy in the heat was too much to bear. Why on earth is it so HOT?