I admit that I was ambivalent about the Sex and the City movie. I watched this show religiously when it was on TV. Nobody was allowed to talk to me when it was on. However, when I heard the movie was coming out, I was already over the hype. I couldn't even remember how they ended the series. I remembered that Carrie was back with Big, but that's about it. My friend Amber wanted to go see it yesterday and Chris was in class, so I went. I was already missing Ornit, Juliet and Lauren - they were my girls through my single days. When I picked up Amber, she was dressed for the occasion, in a tube top, hoop earrings and heels à la Samantha. Shit...I didn't know we were dressing up. I was totally Charlotte in my cardigan and pearls. Oh well. We sat down in a sea of retirees (who else goes to the movie on a Tuesday?). During the opening credits I was instantly choked up. I spent the majority of the movie sniffling and wiping away tears. Amber must have called me a weenie a dozen times. I don't know what got into me. I went through a few tissues, and I was concerned that I wouldn't be presentable after the movie, but she said I looked fine. We went to the Bonefish Grill for Cosmopolitans afterward - it was a total cliché, but we didn't give a crap. The movie really made me miss my friends back home SO MUCH. Even though I am so grateful to have Amber around (she is a lot of fun and we're building a pretty good friendship. These things take time.) you can't put a price on friends that are really family. Go see the movie. There's fighting, nudity (lots of it) and really funny potty humor (you wouldn't expect it). There's no death (stupid rumor), but there is an "accident". There's only one casualty but it makes sense in the big picture. All of the characters end up with what makes the most sense for them. That's all I'm gonna say. Oh, and it's very long...over 2 hours.Wednesday, June 4, 2008
SATC
I admit that I was ambivalent about the Sex and the City movie. I watched this show religiously when it was on TV. Nobody was allowed to talk to me when it was on. However, when I heard the movie was coming out, I was already over the hype. I couldn't even remember how they ended the series. I remembered that Carrie was back with Big, but that's about it. My friend Amber wanted to go see it yesterday and Chris was in class, so I went. I was already missing Ornit, Juliet and Lauren - they were my girls through my single days. When I picked up Amber, she was dressed for the occasion, in a tube top, hoop earrings and heels à la Samantha. Shit...I didn't know we were dressing up. I was totally Charlotte in my cardigan and pearls. Oh well. We sat down in a sea of retirees (who else goes to the movie on a Tuesday?). During the opening credits I was instantly choked up. I spent the majority of the movie sniffling and wiping away tears. Amber must have called me a weenie a dozen times. I don't know what got into me. I went through a few tissues, and I was concerned that I wouldn't be presentable after the movie, but she said I looked fine. We went to the Bonefish Grill for Cosmopolitans afterward - it was a total cliché, but we didn't give a crap. The movie really made me miss my friends back home SO MUCH. Even though I am so grateful to have Amber around (she is a lot of fun and we're building a pretty good friendship. These things take time.) you can't put a price on friends that are really family. Go see the movie. There's fighting, nudity (lots of it) and really funny potty humor (you wouldn't expect it). There's no death (stupid rumor), but there is an "accident". There's only one casualty but it makes sense in the big picture. All of the characters end up with what makes the most sense for them. That's all I'm gonna say. Oh, and it's very long...over 2 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i miss you too cochina!!!
:-(
Chris really wrote this, didn't he? Fag.
I miss you most of all, Jeremiah!
Ayyyyyyy My Sonya..........I miss you most of all!
Post a Comment