Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Girl Wants To Party All The Time

Tuesday we celebrated Ramona's birthday by feasting on tasty treats. I stopped at the bakery at Ukrop's on my way home from work and picked up Monticellos (which incidentally taste exactly like Ding-Dongs and cost a lot more) and coffee ice cream for Chris and me. After dinner we put a candle on a Frosty Paw for the dogs and sang Happy Birthday to Miss Thang. Jake was scared the entire time. Fire and cameras freak him out. He's cowering in the background of most of the shots. It was a fun time for those of us who know how to party seriously.

In other news, Chris and I finally decided on our summer vacation. We've booked a few days at the Boar's Head Inn in Charlottesville. They're even providing a $20 gas credit! That's 5 gallons! That's like 150 miles! That pays for the ride back! I'm excited. We leave in a little over a month. We'll be gone only a few days, but I decided to take a whole week off from work, so a few days will be what they call a "staycation", or a "holistay". It's all the rage for us poor people who can't afford airfare. I have the vacation time, and what I realized from not vacationing last year is that nobody noticed that I didn't take a summer vacation except me. I'm so done being a martyr. You know what happens to martyrs? They die. Booyah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this mean no boston?
:-(

Aunt So-So said...

Looks that way for now. Sorry. Feel free to join us in C'ville! XOXO

Anonymous said...

that's ok. maybe next year...(?) you guys enjoy your vacay! you deserve it :-)

LMP said...

I love their meats.